As My 20th birthday is just around the corner (when did I get this old??) I thought I would share some of the things I’ve learnt in 20 years that I live by.
- You are important
- It’s not cool to follow the crowd. Make your own path.
- Do what makes you happy
- Take risks and push boundaries, life is too short not to.
- People’s perceptions of you do not define you as a person.
- You may think you’ve found ‘friends for life’ but most of them just come and go. The ones that do stick around are all you need.
- Following on from point 6, Hard times really do show you who your true friends are, pay attention to this.
- It’s ok to be selfish sometimes. You need to know when to put yourself first.
- It is ALWAYS ok to ask for help.
- There is light at the end of the tunnel. Even when the journey has been a long and tough one you will come out the other side.
- School and exams are not the be all and end all. The results you get do not have control over you and the future you want.
- Don’t compare yourself or your life to others. Everyone’s story is different.
- If someone only brings negativity and unhappiness into your life, get rid of them. This is one of the times you need to be selfish and think about whats best for you.
- I’m never going to be a petite size 8 and you know what, I’m fine with that. My body has curves and I’m learning to love them.
- Home isn’t one place, it is a feeling.
- Growing up isn’t as exciting as it seems when you’re younger. Sure it’s fun and brings lots of freedom but with that comes a lot more responsibility, don’t wish the years away!
- No goal is too big. Reach for the stars! (I hope you’re all now singing SClub 7 like I am.)
- Cliche but hard work does pay off eventually. You won’t gain what you want without working for it.
- We are all worthy of love.
- Appreciate every little moment and cherish the memories. One day you will be glad you did.
Follow me on Social Media…